S2 Ep. 3: Changing the World from the Inside Out
Episode 24 · June 11th, 2019 · 32 mins 18 secs
About this Episode
This compelling conversation with Rabbi David Jaffe explores the essential relationship between the pursuit of justice and the spiritual growth that comes from self-knowledge. We discuss his personal experiences of moral and spiritual awakening, as well as the tension between experiencing the brokenness of the world and opening ourselves to the unity of all creation.
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.Support Hashivenu
- Homepage of Rabbi David Jaffe
- The Inside Out Wisdom and Action Project: Spiritual grounding tools for today's social justice leaders.
- Ritualwell resources: 10 Poems, Prayers, and Songs to Lift up your Soul
- Amazon link: Changing the World from the Inside Out: A Jewish Approach to Personal and Social Change
- Rabbi Shlomo Wolbe - Wikipedia
- Hitbodedut - Wikipedia
- Hitbodedut resource: "What’s Left When You Let Go? Pouring Out Oneself in Those Lone Moments and Quiet Places" - The On Being Project
- Hitbodedut resource from Ritualwell: "Walking With the King"
- Hitbodedut resource from Ritualwell: "Prayer in Times Unknown"
- Hitbodedut resource: "How to Pray" | Reconstructing Judaism