Rabbi Sid Schwarz has devoted his career to the practice and study of building rich and engaging Jewish communities. In our conversation, we talk about the groundbreaking congregation he built, Adat Shalom, which continues to serve as a laboratory for innovation to this day. And we ask the question: as new platforms for Jewish life and community emerge in the 21st century, what values and practices make a community truly sustaining and meaningful?
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.Support Hashivenu
- Rabbi Sid Schwarz | Rabbi, social entrepreneur, non-profit CEO, author
- Clergy Leadership Incubator | Training Visionary Spiritual Leaders for the American Jewish Community — The Clergy Leadership Incubator (CLI) is a two-year program to support and encourage rabbis serving congregations or other new models of spiritual community in the areas of innovative thinking, change management and institutional transformation.
- Kenissa: Communities of Meaning Network — Kenissa: Communities of Meaning Network connects individuals who are leading contemporary efforts to re-imagine Jewish life and community.
- Congregation Beth Israel of Media
- Adat Shalom Reconstructionist Congregation |
- About Pearlstone - Jewish Retreat Center & Outdoor Education Campus | Pearlstone — Pearlstone Center's mission: to ignite Jewish passion while connecting guests with the land and Jewish values; our peaceful retreat center, sustainable farm, and dynamic programming enable and inspire vibrant Jewish life.
- Congregation T'chiyah — Reconstructing Jewish life in Metro Detroit
- Detroit Jews for Justice — Organizing Jewish community in Metro Detroit to participate in movements for racial and economic justice.
- Justice in Detroit: Reconstructionists Lead the Way — 2016 article from Reconstructionism Today on the relationship between Congregational T'chiyah and Detroit Jews for Justice
- Ritualwell: Rituals and Prayers for Communal Life