According to Rabbi Shefa Gold, “Chant is the bridge between the inner life and the outer expression; between the solitary practice and the shared beauty of fellowship.” She has set verses from Jewish liturgy and from the Hebrew Bible to chants that are both beautiful and meditative. This episode explores how the ancient practice of chanting can cultivate renewal while bringing traditional liturgy to life.
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.
- Rabbi Shefa Gold — Rabbi Shefa Gold develops and leads Hebrew chants based on Jewish sacred texts for transformative spiritual growth.
- Flavors of Gratefulness App | Rabbi Shefa Gold — With Rabbi Shefa Gold’s app you can awaken to all the many dimensions of gratefulness with Modah Ani. Wake up each day to a new melody to fuel the intention (kavanah) to see and recognize God’s Face in the details of the upcoming day.
- Chants & Practices | Rabbi Shefa Gold — This page lists all the chants & practices in alphabetical order with links to the chants. (In the submenu, you can also view chant listings by the ‘categories’ used in The Magic of Hebrew Chant.) Click the chant’s name to see the full page for that chant.
- Resilience: Im aylech — To hear the various parts of the chant, use the audio players.
- Psalm 138:7 — Psalm 138:7, the source text of the chant included in this episode.
- Ritualwell: 10 Rituals Which Feature or Include Chanting