As the current pandemic disrupts our lives and everyday connections, we each face the dual challenge of saving lives and caring for our souls. Rabbi Deborah Waxman reflects on the Jewish spiritual imagery that unites these concerns and shares a practice of breath work that can sustain us in stressful times.
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.Support Hashivenu
- Hashivenu Episode 19: Gratitude — Rabbi Deborah Waxman shares a personal Jewish practice that sustains her in difficult times, in the hopes that it might help cultivate resilience among our listeners.
- Oh Pure Soul: Elohai n’shama | Rabbi Shefa Gold
- Elohai Neshama by Rabbi Judy Kummer on Soundcloud
- Recon Connect Beit Midrash - Rabbi Deborah Waxman on Vimeo
- When the threat is random, the Jewish response is compassion | Jewish Week — Op-Ed by Rabbi Deborah Waxman